Costa Rica is recognized as one of the most environmentally friendly countries in the world. Therefore, all the economic and social development of the country is highly regulated by sophisticated environmental laws.
Appropriately managing this red tape, regardless of the type of product or service, can result in higher returns on investment for our customers, based on a reduction of time to market. It is with this vision that we approach the projects in charge of this department, where time is of the essence.
Due diligence processes regarding zoning regulations and land use, regulatory plans, Maritime Zone, Protected Areas such as rivers, aquifers, lakes, national parks or biological or forest reserves, are key in any project to determine its future profitability and a highest and best use analysis.
Obtaining environmental and construction permits for a hospitality project or a commercial, industrial or residential project, as well as public works concessions and free zone parks are just a few examples.
- Due-diligence, Legal – Environmental
- Advice on environmental policy and legislation
- Operating permits
- Municipal Licenses
- Zoning rules and regulations
- Water concessions
- Maritime Zone concessions
- Health orders and administrative proceedings before the Ministry of Health
- Municipal warnings and administrative proceedings before the appropriate local government
- Advice on administrative proceedings at any level or agency
- Processing and monitoring of cases before the Constitutional Court